College Access Fairfax, in conjunction with Fairfax County Public Schools, is holding a series of Regional Financial Aid Information Sessions. All sessions are open to everyone and registration is not required. For a list of sites, times and locations, check here.
College Access Fairfax offers a series of FREE seminars and one-on-one FAFSA completion clinics for parents and students. Registration is requested for all sessions so that we can provide hand out material and appropriate staff for all attendees. Click here to see a list of upcoming events – seminars on completing the FAFSA and CSS Profile and information on searching for scholarships. In addition, FAFSA Completion clinics will begin in November.
Registration can be done via the Workshop page. Registration links are located at the end of the description of each seminar and FAFSA Completion Clinic descriptions.
College Access Fairfax is committed to helping Fairfax County Public School students with the daunting and complex task of acquiring financial aid for post-secondary education.We help students realize their dreams for higher education by:
- Placing part-time Financial Aid Champions in schools with the highest populations of students receiving free or reduced lunches or those in English for Speakers of Other Languages classes
- Assisting students and parents with the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and other financial aid applications
- Hosting and sponsoring financial aid seminars in the fall and early winter (with multi-language translations)
- Holding FAFSA completion clinics from November 2016 through April, 2017
- Advocating for students with ‘special circumstances’ complicating the financial aid process
- Awarding as many as ten (10) College Access Fairfax scholarships to FCPS students
- Assisting students with scholarship searches and applications
- Fairfax agency for Project Discovery (click on logo for more information)
“Education is not the filling of a bucket but the lighting of a fire.”
– William Butler Yeats