Project Discovery encourages students to stay in and graduate high school and provides resources and tools for students to successfully make the transition to post-secondary education, such as community college, technical school, or a four-year college. Project Discovery is now being offered in grades 10 – 12 at Edison, Hayfield, Mount Vernon, Robinson and West Potomac High Schools.
Project Discovery believes that hardworking, meritorious students should not be deprived of an opportunity to attend college simply because of a lack of funding. Our vision is to see that every student graduates from high school and every student who has the desire and demonstrates the ability, is able to attend post-secondary education.
College Access Fairfax is a Partner Agency of Project Discovery Virginia. If you’d like to learn more, click here to watch Project Discovery Virginia’s YouTube video.
Since 1991, Project Discovery Fairfax has been proven to help students succeed in high school and get into college. The program offers FREE support, including:
- College Campus Visits
- SAT, ACT & College Application Fee Waivers
- Workshops & Resources on:
- New Student & Parent Orientations
- Goal Setting: Visioning and Planning for the Future
- Time Management, Study & Test Taking Skills
- Career Exploration
- Navigating Post-Secondary Education Options
- Applications & Admissions Process
- Understanding Financial Aid & FAFSA
- Financial Literacy
- College Life & Beyond
- Annual Recognition and Awards Banquet
- Cultural Activities & Incentives