Students who are unable to complete FAFSA (undocumented/DACA) now have access to state financial aid via the VASA form.
Requirements for a student to complete VASA form:
- Not in the US on an student (F) trainee (H3), exchange visitor (J) or vocational (M) visa
- Has attended 2 years of high school in Virginia
- Has completed high school requirements resulting in graduation or GED in Virginia on or after July 1, 2008
- Parent has filed Virginia income taxes for at least 2 years (or the student has if they are independent)
- Planning to attend a Virginia public college or university
Use this survey to determine whether you should complete FAFSA or VASA (Note: only complete one, not both).
Please note that if you are eligible to complete the FAFSA, you should complete the FAFSA form. If you complete both forms, the institution will ignore the results of the VASA application and use only the results of the federal FAFSA. You should only complete the VASA application if you are not eligible to complete FAFSA.
Access the VASA form here. You will click on the blue box “File the VASA Application.” Here is a list of the documents you need to complete the VASA.
For more information, refer to these frequently asked questions about VASA.